WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT JULIA
Working with you I will create a unique ceremony to celebrate the arrival and naming of your baby. It’s entirely up to you how you would like the ceremony to be
I am happy to write, or suggest, vows and promises to be made and can offer guidance on music, poems or readings
You may choose to:
- include words about the importance and responsibility of parenting
- make a declaration of your love and commitment to your child
- share your hopes for their future.
- read poetry or a
favouritereading or I will read it for you
- have a piece of entrance music or reflective music
- include a prayer
- share the significance of the name or names you have chosen
- nominate “supporting adults” or “mentors” who may be friends or family
- invite “supporting adults” to make a spoken pledge and commitment to be there for your child as they grow up and throughout their life in whatever way is needed
- involve grandparents in the ceremony
- include all those gathered in some special way
Your ceremony can be held anywhere you wish, in your home, in a garden, in a hotel, village hall or any other venue you choose.
I offer parents and supporting adults the opportunity to sign a commemorative record on the day and this will be given to you along with a presentation copy of the ceremony.
A typical ceremony might look like this:
- introductions and welcomes
- reading or poem
- information about the child
- words about the importance and responsibility of parenting
- parental promises
- reading or poem
- introduction to the supporting adults
- supporting adults promises
commitmentof wider family – grandparents
- reasons for the choice of name
- the naming itself
- concluding words
but remember it is your day – anything is possible!
You may want to consider;
lighting of candles, wish books, wish trees, tree planting, dove or butterfly releases, rose petal blessing and of course a cake!
It would be a privilege to be part of your day please contact me for a no fee, no obligation initial conversation.
TRANSGENDER NAMING CEREMONIES
Changing one’s name can be one of the most meaningful steps for a transgender or gender nonconforming person in expressing and validating who they are.
A naming or renaming ceremony acknowledges how significant such a personal milestone can be and allows you to share and celebrate this occasion in a meaningful way, surrounded by those you love.
Together we can create a ceremony that is dignified, powerful and deeply moving.
It would be a privilege to deliver your ceremony, please contact me for a no obligation, no fee informal conversation.